Welcome to Pelican Pest Prevention! Thank you for the opportunity for us to serve you and all of your pest needs! Pelican Pest Prevention is a locally known and respected company that has served the community since 1996. We offer Free Inspection Estimates for all potential customers in the counties of: Polk, Hillsborough, Pasco, Osceola, Manatee, Hardee, and Highlands. Please call Pelican today and thank you for the opportunity to serve you!
Pelican offers professional services for: Pest Control, Rodent Control, Bedbug Control, Termite Control, Lawn Fertilization and Weed Control, and more for Residential, Commercial, and New Construction Properties!
Pelican technicians are State Certified and have all the best tools needed to provide their customers with the highest level of service. All of Pelican’s pest and termite services utilize the industry leading IPM (Integrated Pest Management) strategy.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies on a combination of common-sense practices. We use current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment. This information, in combination with the best available pest control methods, will be used to manage pest damage by the most economical means, and with the least possible hazard to people, property, and the environment. Integrated Pest Management is more environmentally friendly than just a “spray.” Don’t settle for just a spray, Call Pelican today for a free consultation & to see how IPM can benefit you!
- Keep all dirt 2 to 3 inches below the first brickIt is important that we are able to see 2 to 3 inches of the concrete foundation around the exterior of the entire home to visually inspect the slab properly for termites. For best results do not place dirt or landscaping within 6 inches of the exterior foundation so the chemical barrier is not broken or disturbed keeping termites from finding a pathway to your home or office.
- Keep all ivy and plants from growing next to or onto the exterior foundation
Ivy prohibits us from rendering an effective inspection. Ivy also commonly causes a moisture problem and creates a direct path for termites to infest a structure.
- Avoid stacking firewood or other wood type materials within 25 feet of a home unless it is stacked on a metal base
It is important not to create a bridge for termites with wood touching the ground near the exterior of your house
Lawn Maintenance Tips
- It is best to water your lawn in the morning time so that the grass has plenty of water while the sun is shining for the day!
- It is best to cut only the top 1/3 of your grass to get the healthiest grass growing!